Oracle Database 11g R2 Administration I
Retail Cost: $1500
Length: 40 Hours
Objective: Oracle Database 11g R2 Administration I
Prerequisite: Basic Computer Skills
Administration of the Oracle database management system (DBMS) software environment and of the server systems on which the DBMS runs is one of the primary tasks required of database administrators. While it is true that the hardware and software platforms on which the DBMS runs have become increasingly complex, as has the database software itself, the capabilities provided by the Oracle database have correspondingly become more sophisticated.
The primary audiences for this course are:
• Database administrators
• Web server administrators
• System administrators
• Implementation specialists
• Data center support engineers
• Senior application designers and developers
Many students taking this course have familiarity with system administration and administration of other non-Oracle databases, and this is helpful though not mandatory. Specific course prerequisites for this course are these Sideris titles:
• ORACLE DATABASE 11G R2: SQL FUNDAMENTALS – COMPLETE LIBRARY
• ORACLE DATABASE 11G R2: PROGRAM WITH PL/SQL – COMPLETE LIBRARY
Suggested Next Course
This course should be considered the first part of the Sideris integrated database administrator curriculum. Therefore, in the not-too-distant future, one should proceed to the follow-up course
• ORACLE DATABASE 11G: ADMINISTRATION II
Instructor resources from the Sideris Training Portal. There is no substitute for a subject matter expert. Sideris custom print courseware combined with our online resources make distance-learning and virtual training more effective than ever. Download the instructor resources for this courseware and see how your instructor presentations improve!
The overall objective of this training course is to allow the student to gain the skills necessary for the day-to-day administration of an Oracle database. These training materials are the starting point for Oracle database administrators and set the foundation for advanced administrator training and certification. Major tasks to be considered within this
• Configuration of the Linux and MS Windows operating systems in anticipation of a database installation
• Server Class installation of the Oracle 11g R2 Enterprise Edition database
• Verification of a valid database installation
• Database administrator interface options, including the use of Enterprise Manager, command-line SQL*Plus, and terminal console SSH
• Database deinstallation
• One software patching
• Startup and shutdown of database services and related software components
• Super administrator authentication options
• An in-depth exploration of the database architecture, including memory, process and data structures, and the management of those structures.
• Management of database files.
• Specialized facilities intended to maximize the performance of enterprise-scale transactional applications, such as the shared SQL and PL/SQL cache, the Result Cache, the database buffer cache, and other similar components.
• Management of security policies and procedures, including administration of user accounts, roles, privileges, and profiles.
Convenience and Quality instruction is our goal at John Mason Institute.
Live in person instructor at our classroom or remote instruction in the traditional classroom style
Remote one on one instruction for your convenience with our top quality teachers.
Instruction with a very flexible schedule
Do you need a class date and time not on the schedule or prefer the instruction be done at your location? Then please contact us and we work very hard to meet your needs.